This orange cranberry granola is full of warm, comforting flavors– and it’s going to make your kitchen smell amazing.
Orange Cranberry Granola
This post was originally published in December 2015. It has been updated with new pictures.
One of my favorite things about baking is the way it makes the house smell wonderful, and this recipe really delivers. There’s something so cozy about the cold weather and the heat of the oven and the way the orange and cinnamon just fill the house.
Honestly, I’d bake this granola for the scent of it alone. It really is delicious, though– I promise!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds (I used cashews, pepitas, and sunflower seeds)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of one orange
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300°, grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, sweetener, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the zest and syrup.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until coated.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet-- it will continue to harden as it sits.
- Once the granola has completely cooled, stir in the dried cranberries.