Filled with fiber and protein, this peanut butter white chocolate oatmeal is a sweet and satisfying breakfast.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Oatmeal
This post was originally published in November 2015. It has been updated with new pictures.
I’m not a huge white chocolate person. I don’t really like it by itself, but I’ll tolerate it when it’s mixed with other things.
All bets are off when it’s paired with peanut butter, though. Peanut butter makes everything amazing.
Peanut butter and oatmeal are a great breakfast pairing– between the heartiness of the oats and the protein from the peanut butter, they combine to keep you satisfied and full and going until lunch. And, if you’re using natural peanut butter, they are both so, so good for you (look for peanut butter without added sugar or partially hydrogenated oils).
The white chocolate is just there for the added deliciousness. You’re making such a good choice with everything else in this breakfast that you deserve to treat yourself. 🙂
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- dash salt
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- additional sweetener, to taste (optional)
- small handful white chocolate chips
- Bring oats, water/milk, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Cook to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, cinnamon, and optional sweetener.
- Transfer to bowl and top with white chocolate chips.
This oatmeal is vegan with the appropriate white chocolate chips.