Packed full of oats and raisins, these muffins are surprisingly hearty and a perfect way to get through the mid-afternoon blahs.
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
This post was originally published in January 2016. It has been updated with new pictures.
These oatmeal raisin muffins are one of my favorite go-to snacks– simple and wholesome and satisfying when I need a bite between meals!
- 1½ cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined. Fold in raisins.
- Divide evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 10-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.