These sweet, chocolaty brownie bites are perfect for fun-sized snacking!
This post was originally published in December 2015. It has been updated with new pictures.
Why do I find bite-sized food so cute? Why is it more fun to eat?
I originally made these brownie bites in a loaf pan, and they were so good that I immediately made them again in a mini muffin tin… because of cuteness.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a mini muffin tin (or 9x5 loaf pan) with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your egg, oil, applesauce, and vanilla till combined.
- Add powdered sugar, flour, and cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups and bake 7-8 minutes, or until the center is just cooked. I like these best when they are a little underdone and fudgier. If you are using the loaf pan, you'll probably need to add a couple minutes of baking time.
- Transfer brownie bites to a wire rack to cool completely. These taste even better after sitting for a day!