This creamy pumpkin porridge is a colorful and delicious autumn breakfast!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Naturally Colored Holiday Treats and Trimmings: Holiday feast season is upon us. But there’s lots of room on the table for brightly-colored, nutritious foods. Show us your sweet or savory, naturally-colored/naturally-dyed holiday fare.
While you’re busy preparing for your big holiday meals, it’s important not to neglect an important one: breakfast! This pumpkin porridge is great for such a busy season. It’s quick and easy to make, so it won’t take too much time away from your plans; it’s yummy and filling, giving you a satisfying and energizing start to the day; and it’s beautifully festive, combining some of my favorite colors and flavors of fall. Blending the oats provides a lovely texture and variety to your oatmeal, and it has just enough sweetness and spice to start your morning off deliciously! 🙂
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup milk of choice
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup fresh, frozen, or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- sweetener to taste
- drizzle of pure maple syrup
- In a food processor, blend the oats until flour forms.
- In a saucepan, bring the oat flour, milk, and salt to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the pumpkin, cranberries, and Greek yogurt, and stir until everything is warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and add the cinnamon and sweetener.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with pure maple syrup before eating.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This creamy pumpkin porridge is a colorful and delicious autumn breakfast! #thereciperedux Click To Tweet