This candy-inspired Almond Joy granola is a healthy and delicious treat– just in time for Halloween!
Almond Joy Granola
Almond Joys were my favorite candy growing up, and I could eat them one right after another. Now that I’m older, I try to enjoy them in a more responsible way. 🙂
This Almond Joy granola is almost like eating candy for breakfast– and who doesn’t love that? Made without oil or butter – and with very little refined sugar – this granola is a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth without any guilt.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup more almonds, or other nuts/seeds of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and, if using, the sweetener.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir until coated, then stir in the almond and coconut extracts.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- When the granola has cooled completely, stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This candy-inspired Almond Joy Granola is a healthy and delicious treat, just in time for Halloween! Click To Tweet