This pumpkin quinoa is quick and easy to make, and works perfectly as a side dish or as a base for a main meal!
This pumpkin quinoa is satisfying and delicious, whether you’re eating it as a side dish or building a meal around it. It’s cozy and comforting when paired with soup, and it’s perfect and versatile as a base for a simple stir-fry.
Filling, nutritious, and so simple to make, it easily becomes an autumn staple in my house!
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 2-4 tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa to package instructions.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the pumpkin, cheddar, milk, and cream cheese, and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is heated through.
- Add seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the quinoa and stir until coated.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate cheese alternatives.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This pumpkin quinoa works perfectly as a side dish or as a base for a main meal! Click To Tweet