Sweet and soft and healthy enough for breakfast, these pumpkin butterscotch cookies are perfect for any occasion!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies
I don’t know why, but I eat more butterscotch in autumn than at any other time of year. It’s only natural that I’m going to combine butterscotch with my absolute favorite flavor of the season– pumpkin!
(Yes, I am one of the crazy pumpkin people.)
These pumpkin butterscotch cookies are soft and sweet and made with simple, wholesome ingredients. They’re great for dessert, healthy enough for breakfast, and delicious for any time in between. 🙂
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and oil together, then add the flour, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the cookie dough comes together.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough on the cookie sheets and flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes, cool on the sheets for 3, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Code Girls by Liza Mundy
- Powerful First Lines of Famous Books. See if your favorites made the list, and maybe find something new to read in the process!
- In France, people are building a castle from the 13th century using only medieval building techniques and materials. Super cool!
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Southwestern Breakfast Bowls – Hummusapien
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Sweet and soft and healthy enough for breakfast, these pumpkin butterscotch cookies are perfect for any occasion! Click To Tweet