These chili-stuffed portobellos are a quick and easy appetizer or light meal– and perfect for game days!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Sheet Pan Meals: We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
Sheet pan meals are always a quick and easy dinner fix, and one of my favorite things to prepare is stuffed portobellos. This is also one of my favorite times of year for chili, so it seemed like a match made in heaven!
These chili-stuffed portobellos come together with very little fuss, and they are a delicious and flavorful option for an appetizer or light meal.
- 5-6 large portobello mushrooms, gills and stems removed
- 1 (15 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cheddar or cheddar-style cheese shreds, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the mushroom caps on the sheet, top down, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beans, pepper, onion, and tomato paste. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Adjust to taste.
- Fill the mushrooms with the bean mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, top with cheese, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These chili-stuffed portobellos are perfect for a quick and easy appetizer or light meal! Click To Tweet