Dessert for breakfast is always a good idea– especially when it’s good for you! This banana split granola is a great way to sweeten up your morning.
Banana Split Granola
I have some sort of addiction to bringing banana splits to breakfast. I’ve done oatmeal, I’ve done chia pudding, I’ve done yogurt bowls… time to cross granola off the list!
Made without any butter or oil, this granola is a great addition to a healthy breakfast– but with all of the indulgent taste of dessert!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts/seeds of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and sweetener.
- Add your banana slices to a bowl and microwave for a minute, until they get soft and are starting to melt.
- Add the syrup and extract to the banana and stir until mostly smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture over the oat mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, add the chocolate chips and dried cherries
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor
- There is going to be an illustrated edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them— further proof (as if we needed it) that I am never too old to spend all my money on Harry Potter.
- This artist takes words and turns them into drawings, and the result is super cool.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Crispy Lemon Cauliflower – Chocolate-Covered Katie
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This Banana Split Granola is a great way to sweeten up your morning! Click To Tweet