This apple butterscotch oatmeal is a seasonally delicious way to start your morning!
Apple Butterscotch Oatmeal
Autumn is the perfect time to break out the cozy breakfasts, and it doesn’t get much cozier than this apple butterscotch oatmeal!
Fruity and sweet, spiced with warm, fall flavors, and filled with creamy butterscotch, it’s a delicious and wholesome breakfast that tastes a little bit like dessert– and that’s a wonderful way to start the day!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- dash of salt
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- sweetener, to taste
- handful of butterscotch chips
- In a saucepan, bring the oats, milk, and salt to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the chopped apple. Cook until desired consistency is reached, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, butter extract, and any additional sweetener.
- Stir in half of the butterscotch chips until melted
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the remaining butterscotch chips.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate oats, and vegan with the appropriate butterscotch chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This Apple Butterscotch Oatmeal is a seasonally delicious way to start your morning! Click To Tweet