This stovetop granola is a quick and easy way to make a breakfast staple– without turning on the oven!
This is a recipe born of necessity. For over a month, I was without a functioning oven– and you never miss your oven more than when you can’t use it. Don’t take your oven for granted, folks!
Being oven-free made meal-planning a bit more difficult, but I had plenty of other kitchen gadgets to work around that. Summer is a great time for no-bake desserts, and I found creative ways of converting some of my favorite cookie recipes into no-bake versions. Where I was really feeling the loss of my oven was when it came to granola. We go through granola quickly in my house, and we only like it homemade; never store-bought.
But hey, necessity is the mother of invention, right? This stovetop granola gets the job done! This is a convenient recipe for when you’re short on time – or ovens – and you still need your granola fix.
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup nuts/seeds of choice
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- add-ins of choice: dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts/seeds, cinnamon, ginger, and sweetener.
- Add the maple syrup and stir until coated.
- Add the granola mix to a skillet greased with cooking spray.
- Cook the granola over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- When the granola is crunchy and browned, remove from the heat and spread onto a sheet of parchment paper. It will continue to harden as it cools.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, stir in any add-ins of choice, and store in an airtight container.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Loving Cup by Winston Graham
- 10+ Hilarious Dog Snapchats, because dogs are an instant mood-lifter.
- I’m going to be away for the next several days! Not going to lie: I’m super Type A and I’m not good with time off, so this is sort of forced relaxation. 😉 Have a great weekend, everyone!
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Kale Caesar Salad – The Lemon Bowl
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Make this quick and easy stovetop granola-- without turning on the oven! Click To Tweet