This simple and satisfying egg and cheese pita is the perfect way to get your day off to a great start!
Egg and Cheese Pita
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is: Rise and Shine with a Savory Breakfast: The trend of protein-packed breakfasts is catching on…and back-to-school time is looming. This month, show us new healthy takes on eating savory or dinner-inspired dishes for breakfast.
When it comes to a quick, easy, and cheap form of vegetarian protein, my first thought is always eggs. They’re convenient, they’re delicious, and they are perfect for this theme! 🙂
This egg and cheese pita is kind of a mix between a breakfast burrito and an Egg McMuffin, but with some additional twists from the pita and hummus. There are only five ingredients, so you can keep it simple or customize it to make it fancier. No matter which way you go, it’s a satisfying breakfast that will keep you full and happy until lunch!
- 1 pita
- 2 eggs, scrambled or fried
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper hummus (or hummus of choice)
- 1-2 slices American cheese (or cheese of choice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat or cook your pita as desired; cut in half and set aside.
- Cook your eggs and sauté your chopped pepper.
- Spread a tablespoon of hummus inside each of the pita halves.
- Fill the pita halves with the eggs and peppers, then top with cheese and microwave till melted.
- Season to taste.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate pita.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This simple and satisfying Egg and Cheese Pita is the perfect way to get your day off to a great… Click To Tweet