For a healthy snack that tastes just like dessert, you can’t go wrong with these s’mores granola bars!
S’mores Granola Bars
Well, these disappeared quickly.
I’d barely put these s’mores granola bars in the freezer before I found they were gone. My family devoured them in about a day. Fortunately, they’re a pretty wholesome snack– not bad for something with s’mores in the name. 😉
With nutritious ingredients like oats, pure maple syrup, and nut butter, you don’t feel bad about splurging a little bit on marshmallows and chocolate chips. A healthy snack that feels like dessert? You can’t beat that!
A note on the nut butter: cashew and almond butter provide a more neutral taste, but peanut butter is delicious here, too– it just turns them into peanut butter s’mores granola bars, and there’s nothing wrong with that! 🙂
- 2 cups oats
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cashew or almond butter
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and the graham cracker crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, stir the syrup and nut butter together until completely smooth.
- Pour dry into wet and stir until combined.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan, and chill in the refrigerator or freezer before slicing.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Jeremy Poldark by Winston Graham. I just bowed to the inevitable; I was definitely going to reread the whole series. 😉
- I can’t even believe it, but I still don’t have a working oven. SAD FACE.
- CURLY KITTENS. Just unbelievably adorable. As a curly girl, I welcome all curly creatures into the fold.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Roasted Veggie Spinach Pasta – Kim’s Cravings
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.S'mores Granola Bars: a healthy snack that tastes just like dessert! Click To Tweet