This slow cooker pizza casserole is an easy-to-prepare meal that the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Beat the Heat with the Slow Cooker/Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker: Whether you go slow or fast, just don’t turn on the oven. Show us how to keep the kitchen cool by using one of these appliances: Slow cooker, instant pot, pressure cooker.
I have to admit that the slow cooker is one of my most underutilized kitchen tools. It’s such an easy and convenient way to prepare meals– just dump everything and go!– that I really should use it more.
Because I don’t dig it out as often as I should, I was a little bit intimated by this month’s theme. I just don’t have a lot of experience with even using my slow cooker, much less developing a recipe for it! But since pasta is easy and popular in my house, I decided to work on something based on that. And pizza-flavored pasta? That’s going to be hard to mess up.
You do have to turn on your burners to boil the pasta, but I hope that doesn’t count against me. 😉
- 1 lb. penne
- 48 oz. tomato or pizza sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz. black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta to package instructions; drain and rinse.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the sauce, veggies, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Adjust to taste.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 6-quart slow cooker and cook on high for two hours, or until the veggies are tender.
- Add cheese and cook for another hour, or until melted.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate pasta and vegan with the appropriate cheese substitute.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole is an easy-to-prepare meal that the whole family will love! Click To Tweet