There’s no need for a campfire to enjoy these chewy and delicious s’mores cookies!
I’ve got to be honest, I’m not a big s’mores person. I won’t turn one down– I rarely say no to dessert– but they’re not a huge favorite.
I am a crazy cookie person though, and s’mores in cookie form? I am there!
Fair warning: these cookies are not super pretty. When they’re just out of the oven, they’re a little bit gooey and sticky… but then again, that’s all a part of the s’mores experience. 🙂
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers (equal to 1¼ cup of crumbs)
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 mini marshmallows per cookie
- Place your mini marshmallows in the freezer a few hours before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and coconut oil together.
- In a food processor, process the graham crackers until fine crumbs form.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt to the electric mixer.
- Add milk/water and vanilla extract and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pinch off pieces of the cookie dough and fold around two mini marshmallows per cookie, forming a ball.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. The marshmallows are going to melt (sometimes onto the sheet) and the cookies will look underdone-- this is okay.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser
- Fun fact: This is the food photo shoot I mentioned several weeks ago, where I had the windows open and the wind blew the marshmallows everywhere. Food blogger problems! 😉
- Need a giggle? This baby orangutan keeps trying to escape his mother so he can go play. 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Banana Matcha Green Tea Smoothie – Emilie Eats
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.There's no need for a campfire to enjoy these chewy and delicious S'mores Cookies! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!