These chocolate popcorn cups are a sweet treat that you can make in minutes– and with only 3 ingredients!
Chocolate Popcorn Cups
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Small Bite Desserts: In honor of our 6th birthday, we’re celebrating with cake…or another small bite dessert that fits your fancy. Show us your healthy small bite dessert creation.
I don’t make a lot of cupcakes. Don’t get me wrong– I have no problem with cupcakes. They’re such a beautiful idea: mini individual cakes! Who doesn’t love that? I just enjoy the process of baking an entire cake more. 😉
That doesn’t mean that I’m opposed to small-bite desserts, though– quite the opposite! One of my favorite things to have on hand is what I refer to as my stash of freezer treats, and these chocolate popcorn cups are my latest addiction. They are the perfect combination of salty and sweet, creaminess and crunch, making them a satisfying mix of all worlds.
As a bonus, they only take three ingredients to make! Peanut butter is full of protein and healthy fats, popcorn is a good source of fiber and antioxidant polyphenols, and though chocolate chips can’t be considered a health food, they are certainly good for the soul. 🙂
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together and stir until completely smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the cups of a mini muffin pan. Each cup should be about ⅓ full.
- Press pieces of popcorn into the top of the chocolate. I like to tear some pieces apart to get more popcorn into each bite.
- Freeze until set, and keep stored in the freezer until just before ready to eat.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Everybody’s Son by Thrity Umrigar
- It was my birthday yesterday! I’m not a big birthday person, but I did celebrate with a chocolate lovers’ cheesecake that will hopefully make it to the blog sometime in the future. 😉
- This artist sculpts her hair… and it’s fantastic.
- These pictures of police puppies are pretty much instant happiness.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Mint Chocolate Workout Brownies – Chocolate-Covered Katie
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These Chocolate Popcorn Cups are a sweet treat that you can make in minutes! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!