Delicious, wholesome, easy, and no-bake: there are no downsides to these peanut butter cereal bars!
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
My brother says that of all the things that I make, these peanut butter cereal bars are his favorite. A huge hit in my house, they’re a super-convenient snack to have on hand, and they disappear pretty quickly.
The best part is that they have so much going for them! First and foremost, they are delicious. All the other benefits in the world won’t save a snack if it isn’t yummy!
They’re wholesome: with only a handful of real-food ingredients, and with a good amount of protein and fiber, they’re a snack you can feel good about.
They’re easy: You can make them in less than 10 minutes, with very few tools or gadgets involved.
They’re no-bake: Do I need to sell this one? 😉 I always love a no-bake recipe, but it’s especially nice as the weather gets warmer.
On top of everything else, they are also easily customizable. Swap out different cereals and protein powder flavors for a snack that is endlessly versatile. You’re never going to get sick of these cereal bars!
- 2 cups rice squares (or bran flakes, crisp rice, or other cereal of choice)
- 1 cup oats, divided
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (optional)
- Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the rice squares and ½ cup of the oats and process until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup and peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the peanut butter mixture. Add the remaining oats and the protein powder and stir until combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan. Freeze or refrigerate until firm before slicing.
- Keep stored in the freezer or refrigerator.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- So, pro tip: when you’re doing a food photo shoot in front of a window, close the window. It doesn’t matter how warm it is. Close the window so a breeze doesn’t blow everything everywhere. I’m super embarrassed to admit that this happened to me twice this week. TWICE. I had flying oats and flying marshmallows, if anyone was wondering. 😉
- Googly eyes can pretty make anything better, as someone in Bulgaria is proving.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Honey Lime Chili Popcorn – The Fit Foodie Mama
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Peanut Butter Cereal Bars: delicious, wholesome, and no-bake! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!