This rosemary is an easy and versatile side dish, whether eaten on its own or mixed with veggies!
I love savory oats, and I love using them as a grain side dish. I don’t usually have a lot of rice in the house, so I usually end up substituting with some kind of savory oat dish. They’re a delicious and nutritious addition to the more usual rice or quinoa rotation, and they pair well with so many foods.
This rosemary oatmeal is great on its own, but I especially like to eat mine mixed with some sautéed veggies or an egg.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup milk or water
- dash of salt
- 1 egg, whisked (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the oats, milk/water, and salt to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and stir in the whisked egg, if using.
- Continue to stir, cooking to desired consistency.
- Remove the oats from the heat, then stir in the rosemary.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and adjust to taste.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs
- The latest season of House of Cards was released this week… and sadly, I’ve been too busy to watch it. Looking forward to binge-watching it as soon as possible! Any House of Cards fans here?
- Need some springtime happiness? Here are animals smelling flowers— and yes, it’s just as adorable as it sounds.
- Geeky Makeovers of Classical Paintings. I like the Zelda one. 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Tahini Baked Oatmeal with Raspberries and White Chocolate – The Oatmeal Artist
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Switch up your grain side dishes with this easy and versatile Rosemary Oatmeal. Click To Tweet