Add a delicious twist to a favorite treat with these chocolate chip coconut cookies!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are classic. They need no improvement. Sometimes it’s just fun to dress them up a little bit, and one of my favorite ways to do that is to add some coconut!
These sweet, chewy cookies are a little bit healthier than your average cookie recipe, made with coconut butter and white whole wheat flour. They don’t taste healthy, though, and the yummy coconut flavor just takes them to a whole different level!
- 1½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup coconut or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the coconut butter, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut extract, and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (and coconut, if using).
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the cooking sheets and flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes, cool on the cookie sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein. This is the prequel to Code Name Verity, one of my favorite books of all time, so I’m super excited to read it.
- The Indisputable Joy of Things Arranged in Rainbow Order. This is so very satisfying to me.
- Elephants are my favorite animals, and these baby elephants are just too, too precious.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Creamy Chipotle Spaghetti – The Iron You
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Add a delicious twist to a favorite treat with these Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!