Start your day with a hot cup of coffee and one of these delicious, chocolaty mocha muffins!
I’ve mentioned before that while I’m ambivalent at best about coffee, I am crazy for coffee-flavored things. Coffee and chocolate are especially perfect together, so I love to bring that mocha flavor to my baked goods! These muffins are sweet and wholesome treats that are easy to make, with simple, readily-available ingredients.
Whether they’re making your morning a little brighter or picking you up at snack time, these muffins are perfect for any time of day.
Bonus tip: I like to just slightly under-bake these to give them a yummy, fudgy texture. 🙂
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup baking stevia (or sugar)
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼-½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and fill a muffin pan with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, stevia, cocoa, coffee granules, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in the milk and applesauce and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into the tin and bake 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
These muffins are vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Start your day with a hot cup of coffee and one of these delicious, chocolaty #Mocha #Muffins! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!