These cinnamon bun energy bites are a healthy snack inspired by the decadent dessert– and made with a fraction of the effort.
Cinnamon Bun Energy Bites
Dates: what can’t they do?
An impressive source of many good things– including potassium, magnesium, and fiber– dates are already little superstars. They are also the heroes of the energy bite world. They blend so easily to add wholesome sweetness to no-bake snacks, and they certainly shine here.
Healthy snacks don’t have to be boring and gross. With a nutritious ingredient list and the indulgent taste of a cinnamon bun, these bites are super good and super good for you– so no worries if you can’t keep your hands off of them. 🙂
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- Add the dates, oats, walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla to the bowl of a food processor and combine until it forms a sticky, crumbly mixture.
- Form the mixture into balls or bars.
- Press your desired number of white chocolate chips into each ball.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate oats and vegan with the appropriate white chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Burntown by Jennifer McMahon
- 10+ Times People Left Their Pets Alone and Deeply Regretted it. Kind of puts my own pet disasters in perspective. 😉
- It’s been a crazy busy couple of weeks for me, and I feel totally out of the loop with everybody, but at least spring seems to have arrived where I am! Unfortunately, that has meant just as much rainy, dreary spring weather as the lovely, sunny stuff, but such is life. 😉
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Portobello, Spinach, and Feta Veggie Burgers – Confessions of a Mother Runner
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These Cinnamon Bun Energy Bites are a healthy snack inspired by the decadent dessert! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!