Vanilla isn’t boring with this vanilla protein smoothie– perfect for a post-workout pick-me-up!
Vanilla Protein Smoothie
It’s a shame that vanilla has a boring reputation.
I’m a little bit guilty of this, too. Given the choice, I don’t usually go for vanilla. I want something more complex. I want unusual flavor combinations. I want chocolate.
The exception for me comes after exercising. After a workout, I am all about the vanilla smoothie. Vanilla isn’t boring at all– it’s simple and soothing, easy on my stomach, and a delicious way to recover.
This smoothie is also full of protein– obviously a good thing after exercising, but also great for a midday snack, or even as an addition to breakfast.
- 1 cup vanilla cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- handful of ice
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Pour everything into a blender and process until smooth. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Denton Little’s Still Not Dead by Lance Rubin
- Teacups and flowers: I never knew it before these pictures, but somehow this is exactly my aesthetic.
- I posted about kitty photobombers– now it’s time for the puppies! 😉
- This week was warm enough for the year’s first painting of the toenails– it’s hilarious how much nicer you feel when your toes are pretty. 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Healthy Vegan Macaroni Salad – Veggies Don’t Bite
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Vanilla isn't boring with this Vanilla Protein Smoothie! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!