These oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies get a healthier makeover– without losing their yumminess!
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies were my absolute favorite growing up, and I never had much portion control with them. I’d just grab them by the handful and eat them Cookie Monster-style.
Getting older hasn’t made much of a change there: I still go a little bit crazy around cookies. Because of that (and because I also believe in eating dessert every single day), I love to come up with healthier makeovers for my old favorites.
Made with coconut oil and less sugar, these cookies meet my more adult nutrition standards– but that doesn’t mean that they’re not a sweet treat, perfect for unleashing your inner Cookie Monster. 🙂
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, and maple syrup together.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cashew milk, and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the sheets and flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Book of Polly by Kathy Hepinstall
- Cats are the cutest little photobombers.
- 10+ Pet Owners Who Regret Letting Other People Look After Their Animals. I guess the moral here is to never let other people watch your pets. 😉
- For those who celebrate: do you have anything planned for Easter? My family will be staying true to form– a cake will feature prominently in our celebration. 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Mango Almond Energy Balls – The Healthy Maven
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies get a healthy makeover without losing yumminess! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!