Have a little bit of dessert for breakfast with this chocolate peanut butter granola– a quick and easy way to get your day off to a delicious start!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
Chocolate and peanut butter are the loves of my foodie life. I try to eat them, separately or in combination, as often as possible– and that absolutely includes breakfast. I’ll admit, it wouldn’t even have to be a healthy breakfast recipe for me to eat it, because it’s chocolate and peanut butter and I am weak! 😉 Luckily for me, this chocolate peanut butter granola is a healthy way to get my fix.
I’ve said it before, and I will say it again (and again, and again): homemade granola is superior in every way to the store-bought stuff. So simple and easy, without all of the filler, and a million times more delicious, once you make your own granola, you will never go back.
This granola is a super yummy way to get that dessert-for-breakfast taste without actually eating dessert for breakfast. 🙂
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice ceral
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon PB2
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, granulated sweetener, cocoa, and PB2.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola is completely cool, stir in as many peanut butter chips as desired.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate peanut butter chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Have dessert for breakfast with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!