This super easy banana split chia pudding is great for a healthy breakfast, dessert, or snack!
Banana Split Chia Pudding
Remember when chia pudding was the thing? You couldn’t turn around without seeing another chia pudding recipe. And why not? Chia seeds are tiny powerhouses, containing omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. They’re versatile, too– you can sprinkle these little guys on pretty much anything.
It took me a long time to get on board with the whole chia pudding thing, though. Every time I prepared it, I was always slightly disappointed. I wanted it to be more!
The secret trick to make it work for me? Just go ahead and turn it into a full-scale dessert… but a nutritious one! Bursting with fruit and chocolate, this banana split chia pudding works wonderfully as a quick and healthy breakfast, snack, or treat.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- sliced strawberries, sliced banana, cubed pineapple, cherries, etc.
- handful chocolate chips
- Combine the yogurt, mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla, then stir in the chia seeds and cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, top with fruit of choice and chocolate chips.
*or vegan-friendly alternative
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
- Super cool thing of the week: gunpowder art!
- And because funny dog pictures are always a mood-lifter: Amusing Photos That Show Concerned Dogs Appearing to Question the Photographer’s Sanity
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Clean Eating Almond and Fennel Muffins – The Gracious Pantry
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.This Banana Split Chia Pudding is great for a healthy breakfast, dessert, or snack! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!