These gluten-free peanut butter banana bars will melt in your mouth– perfect for a simple, guilt-free dessert!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Bars
I’m not gluten-free or vegan on purpose– though that might be hard to tell from a quick click through either of those tags on my blog. 😉
I’m very often accidentally gluten-free and vegan though, which makes these bars a happy accident, indeed. My baked goods are usually vegan or have a vegan option, but a lot of my baking isn’t GF-friendly. I’m usually a wheat flour girl, but it’s the coconut flour here that makes the difference. I find coconut flour somewhat tricky to use at times, but when it works, it works– and I love it in this recipe.
With a soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and a small, simple ingredient list, these bars taste like the delicious combination of banana bread and blondies– and it’s hard to keep your hands off of the whole pan!
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼-½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked (or 1 flax egg, if vegan)
- 1 medium, overripe banana, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter, syrup, and egg/flax egg until smooth, then stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until combined.
- Smooth the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge overnight-- they'll continue to firm up and sweeten as they sit.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Rivals Unto Death by Rick Beyer
- Because I need to keep posting about it to drive it home for myself: sleep is pretty important, guys. …It’s been a rough couple of weeks for me, sleep-wise. 😉
- 10+ Blooming Flower Cakes to Celebrate the Return of Spring. Is there anything more perfect than a pretty cake??
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Lemon Baked Tofu – Rock My Vegan Socks
–Tropical Protein Banana Muffins – Fairyburger
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Bars: a dessert with no guilt! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!