You can’t go wrong with this carrot cake quesadilla– a seasonal snack just in time for spring!
Carrot Cake Quesadilla
I don’t know what it is about the middle of March, but right after St. Patrick’s Day (and mint-flavored everything!), I start craving carrot cake.
So what happens when you want carrot cake but are tragically carrot cake-less? Enter my old friend the dessert quesadilla, my go-to for quickly satisfying a dessert craving. There is ample evidence of it on my blog, whether it’s this carrot cake quesadilla, or an apple pie quesadilla, or a chocolate cheesecake quesadilla, or even a cinnamon bun wrap! Taking the best bits of a dessert and putting them on a tortilla is my favorite dessert shorthand. Sometimes you just want what you want right that minute, without having to bake an entire cake to get it!
There’s really no way to beat cake, because it’s cake. But this carrot cake quesadilla is a perfectly delicious option– and it’s healthier for you, too!
- 1 tortilla
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese or cream cheese-style spread
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- granulated sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons raisins
- Mix the cream cheese, cinnamon, and sweetener until combined, then spread evenly over one half of the tortilla.
- Layer the grated carrot over the cream cheese, then top with raisins.
- Grease a pan with cooking spray. Fold the tortilla and cook over medium heat until both sides have browned.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate tortilla.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Wages of Sin by Kaite Welsh
- Why You Should Fix Your Inconsistent Sleep Schedule. I’m pretty bad about getting enough sleep, and I never seem to make it a priority … so I probably needed to read that this week.
- Happy Place: this rhino getting a belly rub from a familiar photographer.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Orange-Chili Tempeh Veggie Bowl – Sprig & Berry
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Celebrate spring with this Carrot Cake Quesadilla! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!