Enjoy a favorite cookie for breakfast with this Samoa granola– with no oil, no butter, and no guilt!
Raise your hand if you’re a Girl Scout cookie fan.
I was good this year and limited myself to just the one box, and it proved to be the inspiration for this granola!
Samoa cookies are a dream. Chocolate, coconut, and caramel? Yes, please!
Healthy enough for breakfast, but decadent enough for dessert, this granola is perfect for topping everything from yogurt to ice cream… and it’s just as nice to grab a handful and pretend it’s a crumbled up cookie! This granola makes it easy to enjoy your Samoas and feel good about it, too. 🙂
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds of choice (I used cashews and pepitas)
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon caramel extract
- ½-1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and, if using, the sweetener.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir until coated, then stir in the caramel extract.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the granola is baking, add the shredded coconut to a skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown, stirring often to avoid burning.
- When the granola has cooled completely, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate extract and chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford
- 20 Problems Only Book Lovers Understand. Yes to all of them, but especially #7.
- How are we dealing with Daylight Saving Time? I am suffering. I want my hour back! I’m also suffering from all of the snow we got here yesterday. It’s been a rough week. 😉
- Hilarious dog pictures help make things better.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Pita Bread Pudding with Pumpkin and Toasted Walnuts – Judy Matusky
Shared at Foodie Friday; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Enjoy a favorite cookie for breakfast with Samoa granola-- no oil, no butter, and no guilt! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!