Samoa Granola

{Healthy, Low Calorie, Vegan} Enjoy a favorite cookie for breakfast with this Samoa granola-- with no oil, no butter, and no guilt!

Enjoy a favorite cookie for breakfast with this Samoa granola– with no oil, no butter, and no guilt!

Samoa Granola

Raise your hand if you’re a Girl Scout cookie fan.

I was good this year and limited myself to just the one box, and it proved to be the inspiration for this granola!

Samoa cookies are a dream. Chocolate, coconut, and caramel? Yes, please!

Healthy enough for breakfast, but decadent enough for dessert, this granola is perfect for topping everything from yogurt to ice cream… and it’s just as nice to grab a handful and pretend it’s a crumbled up cookie! This granola makes it easy to enjoy your Samoas and feel good about it, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Samoa Granola

Ingredients

• 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup crisp rice cereal
  • ยฝ cup nuts and/or seeds of choice (I used cashews and pepitas)
  • 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
  • ยผ cup pure maple syrup
  • ยฝ teaspoon caramel extract
  • ยฝ-1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 300ยฐ and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and, if using, the sweetener.
  3. Pour in the maple syrup and stir until coated, then stir in the caramel extract.
  4. Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through.
  5. While the granola is baking, add the shredded coconut to a skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown, stirring often to avoid burning.
  6. When the granola has cooled completely, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.

This recipe is vegan with the appropriate extract and chocolate chips.

Recipe Management Powered by Zip Recipes Plugin

Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!

Thinking Out Loud

1. Currently Reading: The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford
  2. 20 Problems Only Book Lovers Understand. Yes to all of them, but especially #7.
  3. How are we dealing with Daylight Saving Time? I am suffering. I want my hour back! I’m also suffering from all of the snow we got here yesterday. It’s been a rough week. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Hilarious dog pictures help make things better.
  5. Recipes that caught my eye this week:
    Pita Bread Pudding with Pumpkin and Toasted Walnuts – Judy Matusky

Shared at Foodie Friday; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with The Fit Foodie Mama and Food, Pleasure and Health. For a complete list of where I share, click here.

This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Enjoy a favorite cookie for breakfast with Samoa granola-- no oil, no butter, and no guilt! Click To Tweet

Connect with me!

Pinterest:ย CocosCookbook
Twitter:ย @CocosCookbook
Facebook:ย Courtney’s Cookbook
Instagram:ย Courtney’s Cookbook

47 comments

1. Charlotte says:

Thanks for sharing this with us at Family Joy Blog linkup. I’ve never heard of caramel extract. I’m thinking it’s more for flavoring and not so decadent as actual caramel?

2. Nicole says:

This is my favorite Girl Scout cookie flavor! I pinned your Samoa granola recipe so I can give it a try.

Thank you for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope you will join us again on Friday.

3. kimmythevegan says:

Ooooh yes please! This sounds awesome. I don’t have caramel extract, I’m going to have to get some so I can try this out. You always come up with the best sounding granola.
    The book problems. #1 is my biggest. One of my goals this year is to buy only 1 book a month. But so far I’ve bought 4…
    #5 is a biggie.
    Oh those dog pictures!! I’m laughing so hard right now. Thanks for sharing that =)

4. Hannah Teson says:

This looks incredible! Samoas were my favorite in my pre-vegan days. Now I’m all about those S’Mores. However, I still try to get my Samoa fix in vegan ways like this ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Sarah says:

It’s been far too long since we’ve made granola and this just changed that, I’m a sucker for somoa cookies and this granola looks amazing!

6. Debra says:

Samoas are my favorite! This idea is brilliant. I chose it as my “favorite” to be featured in this Friday’s Funtastic Friday Blog Hop ๐Ÿ™‚ I have also shared it on my social media. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope we see you again!

7. Teresa says:

This sounds really good and a very healthy version of cookies…I’m always on the lookout for healthy snacks to take to the office, so I need to give this one a try.
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

8. Linda says:

This looks amazing! I just ate some of those yummy girl scout cookies last night….Samoa’s….thanks for sharing this delicious recipe at DI&DI.

9. April J Harris says:

Love that there is no oil or butter in your delicious granola – and the flavours sound amazing, Courtney. Scheduled to pin and have tweeted. Thank you so much for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

10. Miz Helen says:

We just love Granola and your recipe looks great! Hope you have a fantastic weekend and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

11. Sophie says:

This look sooooo delicious ! Going to the grocery today to get all the ingredients, I need to make this. Thank you for sharing this yumminess !

12. Miz Helen says:

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on our Top Ten this week at Full Plate Thursday. Your recipe will be pinned to our Features board and we sure hope you enjoy your new Red Plate! Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a great week!
    Miz Helen