These chocolate coconut granola bars couldn’t be easier to make– no oven, no baking, no problem!
Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars
For whatever reason, coconut butter is a special occasion ingredient for me. I don’t often make it myself, but when I do, I always hoard it for something special. These chocolate coconut granola bars certainly qualify as special to me.
Chocolate and coconut has always been one of my favorite flavor combinations. As a kid, I probably could have tried living on Mounds bars if left to my own devices. These granola bars are my grown-up alternative: so much of the delicious chocolate-and-coconut flavor, but done in a healthier way. So if I decide to sit down to an entire pan of them (and I’ve thought about it), I won’t have to feel too guilty. 😉
As a bonus– there’s no baking required! As much as I love baking, sometimes you just want your yummy, yummy snack without needing to turn on the oven… and the hardest part about making these granola bars is allowing them to set before eating them!
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1½ cups oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (or more cocoa)
- ¼-½ teaspoon coconut extract
- a few splashes of almond milk, if needed
- optional add-ins: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the syrup and coconut butter until smooth.
- Add the oats, oat flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, and coconut extract, and stir until combined. Add milk if needed.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan. If using, press the coconut, chocolate chips, or other add-ins into the top.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set before cutting. Keep chilled.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
- This mom and daughter cosplay as Disney characters, and it’s amazing.
- Man Meets Quokka, Quokka Won’t Leave Him Alone. I don’t know much about quokkas (other than the fact that they’re adorable), but I’m not sure that you should get that cozy with them. 😉
- This woman creates gorgeous pictures of dresses using flower petals. I’m not a good artist at all, but I’ve loved drawing dresses ever since I was a little girl, and this is exactly the kind of thing I love!
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Coffee Roasted Squash Sweet Potato Bowl – A Whisk and Two Wands
Shared at Foodie Friday; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These chocolate coconut granola bars couldn't be easier to make: no oven, no baking, no problem! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!