Cut out the mess with these quick, easy, and flavorful taco bowls. They’re everything that’s great about tacos– but eaten with a fork!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Taco Tuesday: February 21 is a Tuesday. So show us your healthy, creative take on the taco.
I love tacos, but I hate eating them. I take a bite and they fall apart! Everything falls out! I make a mess! Do I not know how to eat?!
Messy food stresses me out.
That’s why I prefer to eat my tacos with a fork: all of the taco-y goodness with a fraction of the mess.
These taco bowls are made in minutes, ideal for a delicious and filling meal when you’re short on time… and you have less of a chance of being covered in taco when you’re finished eating them. 😉
- 1 (16 oz.) can vegetarian refried beans (or pinto beans)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ½-1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- Mix the beans together with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder, and divide evenly among 4 bowls.
- Divide the avocado and diced tomatoes evenly among the bowls. Keep the ingredients separate or layer over the beans, according to preference.
- Top each bowl with cheese. Microwave until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Top each bowl with crushed tortilla chips and enjoy!
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate beans and cheese, and gluten-free with the appropriate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These #Taco Bowls are everything that's great about tacos, but eaten with a fork! #thereciperedux Click To Tweet
Connect with me!