Brighten your morning with this wholesome, filling, and delicious orange cranberry oatmeal!
Orange Cranberry Oatmeal
Oatmeal is my one true breakfast love– and one of my favorite foods in general. I used to eat it at least once a day, and often more than that.
In the interest of diversifying breakfast, my oatmeal consumption has slowed down a bit, but I do miss my traditional daily bowl. Oatmeal is so satisfying and versatile– you can dress it up in so many ways that it never gets old. This is one of my favorite varieties. The bright, citrusy orange zest mixes perfectly with the tart cranberries, and it’s mellowed with the nuttiness of the almonds. Top it all off with some cinnamon and you’ve got a great way to start the morning!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- additional sweetener, to taste (optional)
- handful of sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, bring the oats, milk, and salt to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the orange zest. Stir in the cranberries. Cook until desired consistency is reached, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and any additional sweetener.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with almonds. Add more cinnamon if desired and enjoy!
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate oats.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness and Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Brighten your morning with this wholesome, filling, and delicious #Orange #Cranberry #Oatmeal! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!