Perfect for big games and parties and everything in between, this jalapeño popper dip is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
I’ll admit, I’m not a big football person. To me, the Super Bowl means commercials and food!
Dips are great for game days and parties, and this jalapeño popper dip is a welcome addition to the usual spread. Creamy, cheesy, and spicy, it’s perfect with chips and veggies. The surprising ingredient– chickpeas!– adds both nutrition and flavor.
Quick to make and even quicker to disappear, this dip is a hit with a crowd. Enjoy the game!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Neufchâtel cheese*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 cup cheddar cheese shreds*
- jalapeño pepper slices, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Grease a 9-inch round or square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, salt, onion powder, and garlic until completely smooth. Depending on your food processor, you may need to add some water a tablespoon at a time to blend completely.
- Pour the chickpea mixture into the prepared dish.
- Heat the Neufchâtel cheese to an easily spreadable consistency and spread over the chickpea mixture.
- Top with the cheese shreds and as many jalapeño slices as desired.
- Cook for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
*or vegan-friendly alternative
This recipe works best with a high-powered food processor; I use my Ninja— I love and recommend it! For more of my favorite kitchen resources, click here.
- Currently Reading: Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson
- Well, we had some technical difficulties this week! My internet connection decided to be very high maintenance and temperamental and to disappear entirely for large stretches of time, so I didn’t post on Monday and I’ve been very behind and out of the loop. Isn’t it funny how even a few days without internet access can make you feel like you’ve been wandering through the wilderness for about a year? 😉 How is everybody?
- So where do you fall on the Super Bowl question? Are you excited? Are you having a party? Are you completely indifferent?
- I don’t have much else to add this week, so here’s Amazon’s Best Books of February.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Thai Coconut Lime Soup – Treble in the Kitchen
Shared at Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Perfect for big games and parties, this jalapeño popper dip is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!