Quick, easy, and flavorful, this spinach and feta toast is perfect for a nutritious snack!
Spinach and Feta Toast
I love things on toast. Sweet or savory, it’s always a simple and delicious way to snack, and there are endless possibilities to choose from!
Just because it’s convenient doesn’t mean it can’t be healthy, too– I’m always looking for ways to fit in an extra vegetable, and spinach is a great choice. Spinach is rich in antioxidants, an excellent source of fiber, and high in iron, folate, and vitamins A and C. It doesn’t take much to make it taste amazing, either– just saute it up with some salt, pepper, and garlic and you’re good to go. And when you can top that all off with some feta cheese? Even better! 🙂
- 4 slices of rye bread (or bread of choice)
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese*
- optional toppings: olives, sundried tomatoes, sauteed onions, etc.
- Toast your bread (grilling is great, too!)
- Grease a large skillet with olive oil. Add your spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach evenly among the bread and top with feta cheese.
- Add any other desired toppings and enjoy!
*or vegan-friendly alternative
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Quick, easy, and flavorful, this spinach and feta toast is perfect for a nutritious snack! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!