Made with only 4 ingredients, this cheesy broccoli egg bake is a quick, easy, and delicious meal!
Cheesy Broccoli Egg Bake
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Budget Eats: How low can you go? Can you make a meal for less than $3 per serving? Whatever your budget, show us your healthy entree recipe to help keep food spending in check in 2017.
I know how pricey it can be to make healthier food choices. My immediate go-to for food that won’t cost a lot of money is eggs. I love eggs anyway, but they’re an especially good way to make a filling, nutritious, cost-effective meal.
Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein and contain all 9 essential amino acids. They’re also an excellent source of choline, selenium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and riboflavin. They’re affordable, versatile, and delicious, too!
This is a quick, easy recipe, filled with only a handful of good-for-you ingredients that won’t break the bank. My shopping trip looked like this:
- eggs: 88¢
- frozen broccoli: 98¢
- diced tomatoes: 59¢
- shredded cheddar cheese: $2.69
Split that up 6 ways and it comes to about 86¢ per serving. Not bad!
- 10 eggs
- 12 oz. frozen broccoli, thawed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (I used tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a large cast iron skillet with olive oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs together with the broccoli and the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the eggs have set and are cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with cheese. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Made with only 4 ingredients, this Cheesy #Broccoli #Egg Bake is a quick, easy, and delicious… Click To Tweet