Start your day with a bowl of this crunchy banana bread granola! Made without butter, oil, or refined sugar, it’s all the flavor of banana bread in delicious granola form!
Banana Bread Granola
I can get very enthusiastic about granola.
There are just so many ways to eat it! I like to keep mine for snacking or for mixing into yogurt, but it’s also perfect to eat as cereal, as a topping for ice cream and other desserts, baking into muffins, sprinkling over a fruit salad, giving as an edible gift… so many things are improved with a little bit of granola.
The trouble with a lot of store-bought varieties, though, is that they come filled with excessive sugar and oil and filler.
Sweet and satisfyingly crunchy, my banana bread granola has only a handful of wholesome ingredients, and it’s so quick and easy to make. You can customize it with your favorite banana bread add-ins, too. Once you’ve made your own granola, you’ll never want to go back to the store-bought stuff again! 🙂
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: banana chips, raisins, other dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and cinnamon.
- Add your banana slices to a bowl and microwave for a minute, until they get soft and are starting to melt.
- Add the syrup and extract to the banana and stir until mostly smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture over the oat mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, stir in any add-ins of choice.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: A new year means it’s time for another Harry Potter re-read!
- I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! I didn’t do anything too elaborate or celebratory. I wanted something relaxed and quiet, because I’ve been busy preparing for the fact that…
- I’m on vacation! The WiFi here is spotty, so I hope everything goes well with this post. It’s going to be a bit of a challenge to fix if things go wonky. 😉
- The Kindle vs. Book wars can get heated, but I’ve got to say, the Kindle is a lifesaver when you’re on vacation. I have nothing against Kindles at any time, even if I am more of a traditional book girl (I like the feel of turning pages!), but they are a godsend when I’m away from home. It’s kind of the best thing ever to not have to pack a million physical books (and Harry Potter books are heavy!).
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Thai Basil Noodles – VNutrition
Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Foodie Friday; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Start your day with a bowl of this delicious #Banana Bread #Granola! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!