Full of warm spices and wholesome ingredients, these gingerbread muffins are a great choice for breakfast time, snack time, or any time in between!
Gingerbread is one of the coziest flavors of the holidays, and the season just doesn’t feel complete for me if it’s not packed with gingerbread-flavored things. From cookies to lattes to gingerbread houses, there’s something so wonderfully festive about gingerbread.
One of my favorite ways to start a December morning is with these gingerbread muffins. Packed with healthy, nutritious ingredients, they’re a delicious and guilt-free treat to start the day or to snack on in between meals. They’re easy to make, too– with only one bowl and a simple ingredient list, they come together in minutes.
And as a bonus? They’re sweet and delicious enough that if you’re in the mood for something slightly fancier, a little bit of glaze or frosting turns them into an impromptu dessert! 😉
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup baking stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, stevia, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, molasses, and milk.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly into the pan and bake for 14-15 minutes, until the tops have domed and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost
- Starting to panic because you still need to come up with a gift for someone? Here are 3 gold foil DIY gifts you can make in under 30 minutes.
- You don’t have to be a mushroom fan to appreciate these incredibly gorgeous mushroom photos. It’s not a phrase you usually connect with mushrooms, but… SO PRETTY.
- To those who celebrate: have a very Merry Christmas! To those who don’t: have the merriest of weekends! Be safe, stay warm, have fun, and eat lots of great food! 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week: Warming Winter Salad for One – Rock My Vegan Socks
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Wow Us Wednesdays; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These warm and cozy #Gingerbread #Muffins are great for holiday #breakfast and snacking! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!