These chocolate cranberry oat bars are a deliciously sweet and tart dessert– perfect for the holiday season!
Chocolate Cranberry Oat Bars
I’m a dessert person, and this is the season where dessert really shines. There doesn’t seem to be a limit to the number of yummy things to eat– and that’s part of what makes it the most wonderful time of the year! 🙂
Even more than dessert, though, I am a chocolate person. A day without chocolate is a day wasted! I love to pair cranberries and chocolate together– the mix of tart and sweet brings out the best of both flavors. The oat topping ties everything together perfectly– and who doesn’t love a good oat topping? Honestly, it might be the best part!
These bars are super easy to make and are a great, festive dessert– for family meals, or holiday parties, or just to hoard for yourself!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup baking stevia or sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup baking stevia or sugar
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, stevia, and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, applesauce, and coconut oil and combine until a crumble forms.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the pan and set the rest aside.
- In another bowl, toss the cranberries together with the stevia, then layer them evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the cranberries.
- Press the rest of the oat mixture firmly on top.
- Bake the bars for 25 minutes, and allow them to cool completely before slicing.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Patient H.M. by Luke Dittrich
- ‘Tis the season for me to go to Bath & Body Works and spend way too much on candles. They just smell so good! My favorite this year is the Hot Cocoa & Cream candle… I want to eat it.
- The results of the Goodreads Choice Awards were announced, and so many of my favorites won! There are a lot of good books here, so if you need something to read, it’s a good place to start.
- Feeling some holiday stress? Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Apple Turnovers – Fairyburger
Shared at Foodie Friday; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Wow Us Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.These #chocolate #cranberry oat bars are a perfect #dessert for the holiday season! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!