These sweet and delicious chocolate chip walnut cookies are a welcome addition to your holiday cookie jar– and they’re surprisingly good for you, too!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
There’s a reason why chocolate chip cookies are so popular and loved– they’re pretty much perfect. You don’t need to mess with a good thing!
Chocolate chip cookies don’t need anything else… but the walnuts are so good here!
The sweetness of the cookie is complemented by the nutty flavor, and everything comes together nicely to highlight the most important part: the chocolate. Chocolate chips are one of life’s little gifts! The walnuts add some heart-healthy nutrition, too– and this is already a cookie you can feel good about. Made with white whole wheat flour and coconut oil, this is a deliciously wholesome treat for cookie season.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and oil together.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Is anybody still working through Thanksgiving leftovers? Ours are gone, but I’m pretty sure I had mashed potatoes for breakfast every day this week. That, of course, is the opposite of a problem. 😉
- 16 Warming Products For People Who Are Always Cold. So this is basically my Christmas list.
- For the little bookworms in your life: 24 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Kids.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Cranberry Sauce Quick Bread – Strength and Sunshine
Shared at Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Add these chocolate chip walnut #cookies to your holiday cookie jar! Click To Tweet
Connect with me!