This hearty and comforting savory oatmeal with sauteed mushrooms can be prepared in minutes– and it’s a yummy way to warm up in cold weather!
Savory Oatmeal with Sauteed Mushrooms
Oatmeal is one of my ultimate cozy comfort foods, and my favorite way to enjoy it is to make it savory. These garlicky oats cook up so warm and creamy, and they make a wonderful base for sauteed mushrooms.
Easy meals are my favorite meals, and this one can be made in just about ten minutes. When I want food, I want it immediately– especially when it’s as delicious and satisfying as this is!
- 4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup water or milk of choice
- dash salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- basil, for topping
- Grease a pan with olive oil or cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms in salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings. Just before removing them from the heat, stir in the red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the oats, water/milk, and salt to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the garlic powder and soy sauce, and stir until the oats are cooked and your desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer the oats to a plate and top with the mushrooms and basil.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Hearty and comforting savory #oatmeal is a yummy way to warm up in cold weather! Click To Tweet