These quick and easy roasted carrots are a flavorful way to eat more veggies– and they’re perfect for a last-minute Thanksgiving side dish!
Quick and Easy Roasted Carrots
We’ve all been there at one time or another: the Thanksgiving disaster.
Something burned. Something didn’t turn out correctly. Something spilled all over the floor. You forgot to buy a vital ingredient.
It’s always good to have a quick and painless side dish to fall back on in an emergency, and these roasted carrots couldn’t be simpler.
I’m a big fan of carrots– they’re my favorite vegetable– but I don’t usually love them once they’re cooked and soggy. I cook these carrots just long enough to avoid the mushiness and to keep a little bit of their crunch. They are roasted with thyme and sage (two flavors that taste just like Thanksgiving to me), along with some olive oil and garlic to add a buttery richness. They make a colorful addition to your holiday table– and side dishes are the best part of Thanksgiving! 🙂
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice your carrots: in half, or diagonally in 1-2 inch slices, or in coins.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, garlic, thyme, and sage together.
- Toss the carrots in the olive oil mixture, then spread them evenly onto the sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the carrots, sprinkle with more thyme and sage if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Foodie Friday; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!