Take the stress out of lunchtime with these bold and flavorful spicy peanut tortilla sandwiches! Made in minutes and full of protein, they’re great for a meal in a hurry.
Spicy Peanut Tortilla Sandwiches
I am super busy getting ready for Thanksgiving (and the holiday season beyond) and the last thing I’m in the mood to do is make an elaborate lunch. There’s so much planning and list-making going on– I just want something quick and easy!
That doesn’t have to mean eating something boring, though, and these spicy peanut tortilla sandwiches are packed with Thai-inspired flavor. With just a handful of simple ingredients and with hardly any time and effort, I can make a yummy, interesting lunch and get right back into the preparations for this busy time of year!
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup canned or cooked black beans
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- jalapeño pepper slices, to taste
- Mash the black beans together with the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and sriracha. Spread the mixture evenly over half of each tortilla.
- Layer the onions, carrot, and garlic on top, and add jalapeño peppers as desired.
- Grease a pan with cooking spray. Fold your tortillas and cook over medium heat until warmed through and browned on both sides.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate tortillas and soy sauce.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness and Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!