Try something a little different with these chocolate popcorn granola bars! They are quick and easy to make– no baking required!
Chocolate Popcorn Granola Bars
Let’s talk about popcorn.
I love popcorn, and I eat truly ridiculous amounts of it. It’s a great snacking choice– if you’re making it the right way. Buying popcorn at the movies or making a bag of microwaveable popcorn is not the healthiest choice, but when it’s air-popped, popcorn has no added oil, fat, or sugar. Popcorn is a whole-grain food and filled with vitamins and minerals– including manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and iron. It is a great source of fiber, and best of all, an incredible source of antioxidant polyphenols.
I have this air popper and I use it all the time– when I make a bowl of popcorn, I want a massive bowl of popcorn. I usually have some leftover, though, and I like to play around with it. My experiments don’t always work, but I love putting popcorn in granola bars.
Popcorn, chocolate, peanut butter, and oats– basically all of my favorite things in one delicious little snack! These granola bars take less than ten minutes to put together and they’re filled with good, whole food ingredients– with none of the filler you find in many store-bought bars.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- 1 cup air-popped popcorn
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the peanut butter and syrup together until smooth.
- Add the oats, oat flour, cocoa powder and sweetener and stir until coated.
- Gently fold in the popcorn.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate until set before slicing, and keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: I Will Send Rain by Rae Meadows
- I always mention what I’m reading, but I never ask the obvious question: are any of you on Goodreads? Come be friends with me! 🙂 (I’m so bad at social media, guys.)
- 15+ Creative Teabag Designs for Tea Lovers. I want them ALL!
- Need a good smile? Check out these 22 Hilarious Dog Snapchats.
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Vegan Cauliflower Lentil Loaf – Strength and Sunshine
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!