Made without oil or butter, this mocha granola is a healthy and delicious addition to breakfast, and pairs wonderfully with your morning cup of coffee!
I’m going to be honest with you: I don’t love coffee.
I don’t hate it, and I drink it every day, but it’s not my favorite (I’m more of a tea girl). I think the smell of it throws me off. Coffee smells amazing! So rich and warm and inviting– I smell coffee and feel my expectations rise. The drinking experience is almost always a letdown… though of course, it’s totally possible that I’m just drinking mediocre coffee.
It’s weird, then, how much I love coffee-flavored things. Take the actual drinking out of the equation and I am all about coffee. Coffee candy, coffee ice cream, coffee baked goods– and when you can add chocolate to the mix? Yes, please!
As a granola fanatic, I’m always trying new flavors, and the mocha works so well here. Sweet and chocolaty with just the right amount of coffee flavor, it’s a great way to brighten my morning– and to pair with my morning cup. 😉
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds of choice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- dash salt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, cocoa, granulated sweetener, ground coffee, and salt.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola is completely cool, stir in as many chocolate chips as desired.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Faithful by Alice Hoffman
- It’s time for the 2016 Goodreads Choice Awards! Go vote for your favorites– and find something good to read!
- This baby had an adorably magical Harry Potter-themed photoshoot— SO CUTE.
- Visually Satisfying Arrangements of Everyday Objects. I like the pinecones. 🙂
- Recipes that caught my eye this week: Spinach & Feta Mashed Potatoes – Confessions of a Mother Runner
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!