This cinnamon bun smoothie is like a sweet dessert in a glass– and it’s secretly good for you!
Cinnamon Bun Smoothie
I’m not ready to say goodbye to smoothie season, especially when I’m drinking a smoothie as yummy as this one! Full of creamy vanilla and warm, spicy cinnamon, with the added thickness from a good helping of oats, it has all the flavors of a cinnamon bun– without the hassle of the real thing.
If you’re in an area like mine and it’s getting too cold to just sit down to a smoothie, no problem! It’s not just a smoothie– it works great as a post-workout protein shake. If a cold drink still doesn’t sound appealing, you can try something different– skip the ice and heat it up post-blending for a guilt-free warm drink! It’s healthy enough for breakfast, too: add some more oats to the top and this quickly turns into a filling and satisfying smoothie bowl.
Any way you choose to enjoy it, this smoothie is a nutritious pick-me-up and a lovely treat.
- ¾ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sweetener to taste
- small handful of ice
- Pour everything into a blender and process until smooth. Top with whipped cream and dust with more cinnamon if desired.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate oats.
I use my Ninja to make this smoothie– I love and recommend it! For more of my favorite kitchen resources, click here.
- Currently Reading: The Tresspasser by Tana French
- 15 Genius Dollar Store Bathroom Hacks. I need to start doing #7 immediately.
- I love these 19 Geeky Tea Infuser Designs— the shark is my favorite.
- Make your house smell amazing with these 4 simmer pot recipes for fall!
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Wing Popcorn – The Fit Foodie Mama
– Vampire Bite Cupcakes – VNutrition
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!