You only need five ingredients, five minutes, and your own creativity to build a perfectly personalized snack– the possibilities are endless with these mix and match protein bites!
Mix and Match Protein Bites
I’m a snacker.
No matter where you happen to be in my house, you’re never too far from a stockpile of snacks that I’ve hidden away. From granola on the kitchen counter and homemade crackers in desk drawers, to trail mix in my purse and my Super Secret Chocolate Stash, I like to be prepared for hunger to strike at any moment.
That’s why I like these little protein bites. With only five ingredients, but with so much variety to choose from, they are a quick way to create a snack that will feel new every time you make it.
It’s not mindless snacking, either– filled with protein and sweetened with pure maple syrup, these bites are a wholesome way to satisfy the munchies. Mix and match protein powder flavors with your favorite nut or seed butters, and feel free to play around with add-ins– nuts and seeds, dried fruit, chocolate chips… they’re all good!
The ones pictured here are half chocolate-almond butter and half vanilla-peanut butter– and a couple that I mashed together. 😉
- ½ cup protein powder of choice
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup nut/seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk
- optional add-ins: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the protein powder and coconut flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut/seed butter and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour wet into dry and stir, adding milk a tablespoon at a time as needed.
- Fold in any add-ins if desired.
- Roll into balls and keep stored in the refrigerator.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Mothers by Britt Bennett
- Today’s Mood-Booster: 19 Tumblr Posts That Prove Cats Are Actually Perfect. I love kitties!
- 13 Haunting Books to Read This Fall, If You Dare. I’m always looking for something to read, and it’s a great time of year for some spookiness!
- Recipes that caught my eye this week:
– Cinnamon Raisin Pumpkin Challah French Toast – Confessions of a Mother Runner
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!