Combine tea time and snack time with sweet and healthy Earl Grey granola bars! Easy and no-bake, they’re a uniquely-flavored twist for a classic snacking favorite.
Earl Grey Granola Bars
Cooler autumn weather is a tough one for me. On the one hand, I am always cold– even in the summer– so there comes a point in the fall when I really start to believe that I will never be warm again.
On the other hand, there is nothing cozier than a thick sweater and a hot cup of tea on a crisp autumn day!
I’m a tea enthusiast in general, but I’m an Earl Grey girl at heart, and I never miss an opportunity to use it in my snacks and baked goods. Tea leaves are an easy and unexpected way to bring new life to old favorites, and because you can use the tea bags you have lying around, it won’t destroy your budget!
Chewy and sweet, with a pleasant and subtle hint of Earl Grey tea, these granola bars are a fun way to shake up your usual snack routine.
- ½ cup cashew or almond butter
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup more oats, and/or crisp rice cereal
- 1 Earl Grey teabag
- 2-4 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the nut butter and honey/syrup together until smooth.
- In a food processor, grind 2 cups of oats into flour.
- Add the oat flour and additional oats/crisp rice cereal to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Split open the teabag and fold in the leaves.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan, then press the white chocolate chips into the top.
- Freeze until set before slicing. Keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe is vegan with maple syrup and the appropriate white chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!