These open-faced veggie tofu sandwiches get an extra kick from Sabra Spreads! Wholesome and delicious, they are perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
Open-Faced Veggie Tofu Sandwiches
I received free samples of Sabra Spreads mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I was super excited to hear about Sabra Spreads, as I’ve long been a huge fan of Sabra Hummus. Sabra Spreads come in three flavors– honey mustard, garlic herb, and sea salt and cracked pepper– and they are all delicious! They are made from fresh ingredients, and with 75% less fat than mayo, they’re better for you, too. And as a bonus, they come in a fantastic and convenient squeeze bottle. I’m hooked.
One of my favorite sandwiches to make is an open-faced veggie tofu sandwich, and these spreads sounded like they’d be a perfect fit. I’ve tried this recipe with all three varieties now and can confirm that yes, yes they are!
They add so much flavor and with absolutely no guilt– in fact, Sabra Spreads are a deliciously nutritious addition: they’re all kosher, gluten-free, non-dairy, and non-GMO, with 0 mg cholesterol and 0 g trans fat. The garlic herb and sea salt and cracked pepper flavors are also vegan and contain no added sugars.
I love all three of these spreads, but if I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be the garlic herb. It’s a close thing, though– and I may or may not have cut a sandwich in thirds just to use them all in one sitting. 😉
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 4 tablespoons Sabra Spreads flavor of choice
- handful fresh spinach
- baked tofu slices or deli-style sliced tofu
- more Sabra Spreads for topping
- Grease a pan with cooking spray and cook your onion, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in salt and pepper until tender-- about 5 minutes.
- Toast your bread-- grilling is great, too!-- and spread 2 tablespoons of your choice of Sabra Spreads on each slice.
- Layer your spinach and desired number of tofu slices over the spread and top with the cooked veggies.
- Add more Sabra Spreads to the top and enjoy!
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Wow Us Wednesdays; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!