These quick and easy apple cinnamon energy bites are a wonderfully wholesome snack that taste like a little piece of autumn!
In my fall frenzy to eat ALL of the pumpkin, I sometimes neglect one of the other glorious things about autumn– APPLES.
Apples are amazing– high in fiber and low in calories and cholesterol, they are a fantastic and healthy choice at any time. Mix them with some cinnamon and you have one of the most quintessential flavors (and smells!) of the season.
While I’m usually using my fresh apples in a million different delicious desserts, I don’t want my snacks to feel left out of the seasonal goodness. I’m not going to lie to you, dried apples are nowhere near as delicious as fresh ones, but they are perfect for this recipe. These energy bites taste like my favorite fall treats, but in a healthy and snackable form.
- 1 cup dried apples
- ½ cup dried dates
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- Add the apples, dates, oats, walnuts, and cinnamon to the bowl of a food processor and combine until it forms a sticky, crumbly mixture.
- Form the mixture into balls or bars.
- If the mix doesn't hold together, add up to a tablespoon of water until it does.
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate oats.
This recipe works best with a high-powered food processor; I use my Ninja— I love and recommend it! For more of my favorite kitchen resources, click here.
- Currently Reading: The Midnight Watch by David Dyer
- Pumpkins: what can’t they do? Here are 20 ways to decorate with pumpkins, and there are some real beauties in the mix.
- I have a ton of autumn decorations, but not much for Halloween– so these mummy pillows are perfect! Googly eyes are instant happy-makers.
- So on a similar note, these Halloween Meringue Ghosts are a super cute Halloween party idea!
- …I was never super into Halloween, but there’s a lot of cute stuff being posted. 😉
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Purple Curry Cauliflower Mash – Fairyburger
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rock My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!