Enjoy all of your favorite cozy, autumn flavors in these super easy pumpkin spice toasted walnuts!
Autumn flavors are the most comforting flavors– so warm and inviting. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice… everything is pumpkin spiced and all is right with the world.
These toasted walnuts are simple to make and deliver those wonderful flavors in a healthy and versatile way. Whether you use them to top a pumpkin pie, add them to yogurt or oatmeal for a seasonal breakfast, or just put them in a bowl to snack on them on their own, they make for a lovely addition to your fall food lineup.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash each of cloves and allspice
- Preheat your oven to 300° and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add your chopped walnuts to a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir the maple syrup and pumpkin puree together until smooth. Add the spices and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the syrup-pumpkin mixture over the walnuts and stir until coated.
- Spread your walnuts evenly onto your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: Queen Sugar by Natalie Baszile
- Do nothing for 2 minutes. I am terrible at this, but I’m working on it because it will be good for me. We all need two minutes to breathe and be in the moment.
- These easy no-sew knit sweater pumpkins are a quick and cute autumn decoration!
- Can you name this Hamilton song from just one “yo”? I got 9/10… I’m a bit disappointed about missing one, since I listen to Hamilton constantly. For shame, self.
- Recipes I tried this week:
– The Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust – Chocolate Covered Katie
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays with Rocky My Vegan Socks and VNutrition; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!